Sunday, February 22, 2009

Top 5 Oscar Disappointments

Not too many surprises tonight, but couple of things did disappoint.

1. Penelope Cruz for Vicky Cristina Barcelona
Are you kidding me? I just saw this movie this week, and though she is good, how much of a stretch is it for her to play a Spanish crazy artist woman? What about Taraji Henson - the woman's performance in Benjamin Button was absolutely brilliant. She made you want her as a mother, and truly made you believe in her motherly love for Benjamin.

2. Too many Slumdog, throw Benjamin Button a bone
Don't get me wrong, I liked Slumdog. And Benjamin Button walked away with Makeup, Visual Effects, Art Direction - fine. And though I don't think they should've gotten Brad Pitt or best picture, I did really like this movie. I don't care what people say about Benjamin vs. Forrest - this character was much more likeable and it moved me emotionally more than Slumdog.

3. Jennifer Aniston appearance
First, it was disappointing that she appeared. And then her appearance itself with the sideways braid was disappointing. You are average looking and make average movies. The Oscars are not for you.

4. High School musical kids on the show
Maybe I'm getting old, but Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens definitely did not belong on this show. At least Jennifer Aniston has been in movies. Have these people done anything besides be in a Disney musical and appear in People magazine holding hands, keeping Zac in the closet? And what's with her comment on "I feel like a young Audrey Hepburn" - you're not supposed to say those things about yourself, you wait for others to make those comments about you! Don't take credit for something like that!

5. Musical tribute with canes and top-hats
Did they actually need some filler this year? Did not fit in with anything this year. Keep Beyonce, Zac, and Vanessa at home next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment