Monday, March 2, 2009

Top 5 Reasons I Love to Go to New York

Since I'm going to New York on Saturday on a 2.5-day before heading to Chicago, thought it'd be good to remind myself of why I love it!

1. Bright lights, big city
Literally. It's the best big city in North America. Even though I hate it when local New Yorkers say that it's the center of the world, and everything happens there. It's actually kind of true. Never admit that to a New Yorker though.

2. Dining
Love the food, and love to laugh at the insane handling of reservations in that city. Last time I was there with Michelle and Nicole, they made Michelle put her Visa # down to hold our Nobu reservation. And if we didn't show, they'd charge her $25 per head. WTF? Only in NYC do they take reservations SO seriously. Thank god Vancouver isn't like that - yet! This time, not sure what I'll hit up. Jennifer from our PR agency recommended STK Steakhouse, and the website looked pretty cool, so check that out.

3. Shopping
Hello, shopping! Love the variety in all the neighborhoods - SOHO, 5th Avenue, department stores, Chinatown illegal pure-making sweatshops. This trip, I will be removing myself and my Visa from these kick-ass shopping districts! It will be painful, but will be distracting myself by attending a musical or play matinee on Sunday. Shopped out and budgeted out after LA.

4. People, People, People
Everyone does and says whatever the hell they want. Black, Asian, Hispanic, White. Rich bitches, street purse sellers, ambitious ad agency and financial types, illegal Chinese immigrants making fake purses, students, artists.... they all mingle in the same city. People are friendly and helpful. There are undercover cops keeping people safe in Central Park. There are crazy hoochie-mama bitches working in Century 21 where you think they're a character in a movie, but really - they just speak that way! For real?! Uh huh.

5. Friends
Last, but definitely not least, it's great to have friends in the best city in North America. And friends with big apartments right in Manhattan that let you stay there and will hang out with you and put up with your friends. Where would I be without these friends? Definitely not in NY!

So after my trip, I might have other things to add to this. Or at least, specific top 5's from this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment