Saturday, March 14, 2009

Top 5 Reasons you Know you Travel Too Much

I'm now home from a week's travel, where I went to New York, Chicago, and Milwaukee. I realized I travel alot - mostly for work, and luckily my work takes me to decent cities. How do I know I travel more than the average person? Well - here are the Top 5 reasons:

1. I know my passport # by heart
I've filled out my share of the US Customs forms

2. I feel at home at the United Red Carpet Lounge in Chicago O'Hare
I now hate sitting in regular waiting areas in those seats that have bars in between so you can't sleep. Too many loud annoying people. Trying to find an electrical outlet in which to plug my laptop, only to find that they are against the wall with no seats, so you end up sitting on the floor. And paying for drinks and snacks at the airport is unnecessary when you can get it all free in the comfort and serenity of the lounge!

3. I get EXTREMELY annoyed when travellers don't know what the hell they are doing through airport security
We all have to do it, and it's the same routine in every airport, so I wish people would just quickly proceed, remove their laptop, throw out their water, and move on.

The worst was one time at Toronto Pearson where the teenage girls in front of me were trying to negotiate with the security dude to let them bring through 4 bottles of water. There is no negotiation at airport security. NONE. Putting on a cute voice and tilting your head to the side will NOT make the security dude change his mind. This is not the VIP line up of a club we're talking about. Airport security, girls - ever heard of 9/11? The shoe bomber? As I stood there boring holes through their head with my eyes, I was contemplating whether to kick the girl in the ass to kick her through the metal detector, or pick her up and shove her through the bag screener. These are the rules girls, just follow them and everyone will be safe!

4. I have a collection of the best hotel bathrooms
It's easy to rate hotels by the quality of the bathrooms in the rooms. I don't always remember to take photos of them, but will soon post the Top 5 hotel bathrooms. The Hyatt Regency in Schaumberg, IL where I was for a few days this week had recently done an entire renovation and you could tell - beautiful bathroom counters and tiles!

5. My friend Dom moved to NYC about 18 months ago and I've seen him there 5 times
Yes, I do love New York, so whether it's personal, business, or study - I love hanging out there. All the better with friends that live there. And friends that have big apartments there. :)



1 comment:

  1. Love it Ang! Although I don't travel nearly enough, have to agre about the idiots at airport security - just saw a women almost drop her pants b/c she was emaciated, they were too big and her belt had to be removed - she was shocked but I was laughing my ass off! Keep 'em coming!! Trace

    ReplyDelete