Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Top 5 Things I Like in Toronto This Week

Couple days of personal, couple days of business in Toronto - I discover the east coast side of my personality yet again. Here are reasons I'm liking Toronto!

1. Bigger Everything, Urban Center

There's something about bigger buildings, bigger business, bigger opportunity. It definitely feels like you're closer to the center of action (at least for Canada). Or perhaps I only appreciate this because it's opposite of my regular west coast life. A difference in size creates a subtle difference in culture that you crave to experience and be a part of. Bigger is not necessarily better always, but it's better this week!


2. Friends: Brains, Laughs, and Looks

Got to hang out with Vancouver and C-Town boys in Toronto on Saturday night. Dinner at Vidara, then onto drinks at Adelaide Street Pub. Here, Debb and I are hanging out with The Brains, The Laughs, and The Looks.


3. Queen and King Street West

Saturday night, Sunday day, and Monday night - dinner, drinks,

brunches and strolling down the urban streets of Toronto. Less polished than Robson, more of walking neighborhood than Main, less west coast sporty than Kits, cleaner than Gastown, cheaper than Yaletown. That's the run down of Queen and King Street for an urban girl's ideal shopping and dining!

4. Great meetings!

Along with bigger everything came some great meetings on Monday and Tuesday. Met with partners and potential new partners ranging from channel partners to mobile carriers to mobile device makers. For some of these opportunities, more goes down in Toronto, making flying all the way there worthwhile.

5. Workouts
Surprise! I actually worked out 2 times on this trip away. My PT Josh Neumann would be impressed. Usually, it's a stretch for me to workout once on a trip. This time, I was hauled there by Marc and Debb - thanks guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment