Saturday, March 28, 2009

Top 5 Wines at the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival

I'm not going to try to pass myself off as some sort of wine guru, because I'm probably the farthest thing from it. Somewhat to my husband's chagrin since he is in the wine industry, and developing quite a palate for wines. I believe in just drinking what you like, no matter what anyone else says or what the price point dictates. So I went to the Barefoot Wines Party and the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival last night.... and here are my Top 5 choices (not in rank order, just in order that I drank them!). You can clearly see that I lean towards sweet, not heavy!

1. Barefoot Bubbly: White Zinfandel
Fun color - pink! Great bubbly for women who need to no excuse to celebrate. It's sweeeeeet!

2. Pierre Sparr Gewurtz
Smells sweet when you take a sniff, but it doesn't taste as sweet as it looks. Still, a lovely lovely wine. I have no idea what this French website says, but it came up on my Google search for this wine.

3. Sokol Blosser Evolution
Interesting wine.... a blend of 9 grape varietals they say!








4. Caymus: Conundrum
This was one fresh, but still had nice depth.

5. Prospect: Vidal Ice Wine
My wine list wouldn't be complete without an ice wine! I tried a few (that I already knew) and settled on this as my fave for the festival. It's not as syrupy as some ice wines... a good level of sweetness. And a better price point than some more expensive ones too - $39.

No comments:

Post a Comment